Raw Fury is hiring an experienced Brand Marketing Manager!
We're looking for a person to be the next Brand Marketing Manager to join our awesome marketing team. Someone who has a real passion for both games and the way those games get brought to market.
Are you a marketing expert who lives and breathes performance-based metrics and business synergies? Do you thrive in professional environments, immersed day-to-day in spreadsheets and PowerPoints? Do you look forward to long hours at the office preparing presentations for upper management filled with buzzwords like “KPIs” and “pivot”? This probably isn't the job you're looking for then!
We're looking for a person to be the next Brand Marketing Manager to join our awesome marketing team. Someone who has a real passion for both games and the way those games get brought to market. Someone who wants to gather insights, make plans, and execute on those plans, not because it’s a job but because you think it’s so great.
We’re a “for happiness” company, so we work hard and play hard and we need this new person joining our ranks to be cut from that same cloth!
WHAT YOU WOULD DO FOR US:
- Build strategic marketing plans. Think big. Tap into the core truths of a game, what makes it unique, fun or exciting. Gather insights from the market to inform your plan. Recommend go-to-market budget size and managing allocations. Set tone of voice and how we plan to talk about the game. Plan marketing tactics that align with the key strategies in the plan and make sure to set up marketing campaign timelines: when to drop key beats, assets, and support tactics. Leverage these strengths & insights to develop a plan to make the game sell hotter than the hottest hotcakes from Hot Town.
- Actually make that plan happen. Once you’ve got your plans in place, go forth and make the things to bring it to life. This includes maintaining game websites: adding new games, blog posts, steam posts, and updates after key beats. Identify video needs and edits, craft and deploy newsletters to support those key beats. Occasionally bring on speciality partners to support the campaign and manage project deliverables. Forging external partnerships, demoing at events, doing interviews - there is no limit here. Everybody gets their hands dirty at Raw Fury; there’s no room for middle-manager-types who can only delegate. You will have a team of supporting professionals but be prepared to do a lot of your own grunt work.
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams. We operate in a flat structure with a variety of disciplines, and each have ownership over key parts of a plan. You must be able to effectively share plans, information, and brainstorms within a team setting.
- Help us decide which games we should sign in the future. Marketing is only your field, but everybody has a critical part in helping choose which titles we should sign. That would include you!
- Travel. Both domestic and international, sometimes with very short notice. We’re globetrotters over here when we´re not in the middle of a pandemic, so an up-to-date passport is a must.
- A bunch of other things we’ll probably task you with later because we’re a small company and that’s just how we roll.
YOU MUST BE THIS EXPERIENCED TO GO ON THE QUEST:
- You live video games. They are a passion, a hobby, and a career choice all at once.
- You’ve done this ‘brand manager’ thing for a while. You will have been a brand manager at another publisher or developer for at least 3 years or longer. You’ll be expected to hit the ground running with skill points allocated in all the right categories.
- You’re a self-starter. When nobody has given you a task, you look for one. We prioritizes making things happen over keeping some kind of schedule. Nobody is lording over you, we're expecting that you'll lead your title’s brand marketing efforts on your own volition.
- You love living in the cross section of data science and art. The best ideas come from somewhere in between, so you'll be the person that finds the best of both worlds.
- You’re a cunning linguist, able to write blogs, emails, and internal documents with a grace and humour that would make Shakespeare laugh and shed a tear at the same time.
- You’re proficient in all the un-sexy office tools. Stuff like MS Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint). Some of us get WOW’d by things like “pivot tables” from time to time. #TalkNerdyToMe
- You know your way around a few creative tools. Things like Adobe CS software comes to mind; at the very least you know how to open and look at a PSD file.
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in being a part of this funky endeavour and sky-high aspirations, hit apply.